Create a Clear Cube Task
For this sample exercise, the aim is to delete fact data coming from the Canada Future Year Model Cube.
You can try to open UsingPO database and try to create a slice out of the Canada Future Year Model cube first just to see what data exists in that cube.
To create a Clear cube task:
1. From the PowerOLAP ribbon, go to Data tab, then in the Data Transfer control group select the Clear Cube command.
The Clear Cube Tasks dialog box is displayed.
2. To create a new clear cube task, click Add button.
The Select Cube dialog box will be displayed.
3. Specify a <name> to define the task being created (i.e., Clear Canada FY).
4. Select a <Cube> to clear the data from using the drop down button. (i.e., Canada Future Year Model)
5. Select Export to File radio button option.
6. Select PowerOLAP Import radio button option as the Delimiter.
7. Click Next button.
The Destination Members dialog box will be displayed.
This is where intersections of data to be cleared should be specified.
8. Select a <Dimension> (i.e., Accounts) and pick the appropriate <member> (i.e., Sales).
9. Select Accounts dimension and pick Sales as member.
10. Select Months dimension and pick the members January, February and March.
11. Click Next.
A summary of the options selected will be displayed in the screen.
12. Click Finish.
The new task is created and will be added in the Clear Cube Tasks dialog box.
13. To process task, simply click the Execute button.
A prompt indicating that the task was successfully completed will appear.
14. Click OK button.
15. Back in the Clear Cube Tasks dialog, click Done to return to main interface.