Security Export/Import Feature
The following features are available in a secure database to a User with Administrative privileges. The Security Export/Import functions are grayed out in a database that has no defined security.
With this function, an Administrator may export/import the User/User Group security information; the Meta Data Dimension, Meta Data Cube, and Meta Data Slice information; and the Fact Data security information.
The Export and Import Security functions are found on the Data menu, under Export and Import options.
1. In the PowerOLAP ribbon, go to Data tab then in the Export control group, select Security command.
The Export Security dialog appears
2. Browse for the directory where you want to save your file and enter a name for the export file (E.g., Export Avon Trading security).
3. From the Cubes and Dimension list box, select specific cubes and dimensions of which security you want to export.
4. Enable Export Users & Groups check box to export all PowerOLAP users and user group accounts created for the current database.
5. Provide a <password> consisting of at least 8 characters then re-enter password to confirm.
6. Click OK to complete export process.
To import a .sec file:
1. From the PowerOLAP ribbon, go to Data tab, then in the Import control group select Security icon or Import Security command.
The Import Data dialog box is displayed.
2. Browse for a particular .SEC import file.
3. Enter a valid <password>.
4. Click OK.
During an import, if any errors occurred, a security Error. log is generated in the same directory as the *.sec you are trying to import.
Types of Errors
- User and User Group Security:
- Dimension Meta Security:
- Cube Meta Security:
- Cube Fact Security: