Select Row or Column Members Using Edit Slice
Figure: Months are displayed in rows and Sales Account members are displayed in Columns
The grid contains the full array of Members in its Rows and Columns headings. However, perhaps you need only to see data for specific Members of these row and column dimensions. For example, all members for the Month dimension are displayed but you might want to view only monthly data.
To pick a Row or Column member:
1. Right-click on the Row or Column label that you want to edit
(For this example use the Month dimension on rows)
2. In the right click menu that shows up, click on “Select Month Members“.
This will bring up the Edit Slice dialog box.
3. Click the Clear All button, on the right-hand toolbar.
Note that all the Members are cleared in the Slice Content list box.
4. Select either the Members tab or the Hierarchy tab on the left.
5. Select a group of Members (you can use Ctrl–Select or Shift–Select) that you want to see – e.g., the months (January – December).
6. Click the Add Selected Members button. This will add the highlighted members into the Slice Content list box—as shown in the example figure that follows:
(Alternatively, you may simply drag the highlighted selection into the Slice Content list box on the right)
7. Click the OK button (green checkmark).
When you remove Members using the Delete key or Clear All button, PowerOLAP does not delete the Members, or their data, from the database. Deleting Members from the Slice Content list box merely alters the way the Slice will ultimately appear on-screen.
To continue with the example, close the Slice without making changes, then reopen Sales Account by Month from the Sales cube.